Monday, April 04, 2011

Where is Lily?

Our little Lily is currently at the Jianxin Social Welfare Institute in Jiangxi Province. When we go get her, we will fly to Beijing, then probably to the largest city in Jiangxi, Nanchang, where we will meet her and spend about a week and, finally to Guangzhou (where the US consulate is located). You can see here a map of the provinces in China: And more specifically, Jiangxi where Lily is located. The red area is pointing to the area where her orphanage is. It is in the town of Huibu in Fengxin County. The area is extremely rural, largely agricultural but there is one factory in the town as far as I can find. I am still researching the area and hope to find out more. The orphanage is about 2 1/2 hours from Nanchang which means that we may be in Nanchang and someone may bring Lily to us wherever we are staying.

When Lily grows up, I want to be able to tell her about this area where she spent her first few months.

7 comments:

Shazia said...

congrats. my name is shazia, i adopted my daughter Zaina, now almost 4 years old in sept 08 from hunan china. she was a cleft lip/palate baby and was 15 months old on Gotcha day!! I am so happy foryou and look forward to watching your journey going forward. you are welcome to view my blog zainajones.net
if you go to the 2008 side bar, you can see some of the initial stages of when we went to china. so happy for you. you are indeed blessed and so is your daughter

Liz said...

So close to where our daughter was. She was in fengxin. They brought the babies to the civil building in Nanchang. We were afforded the opportunity to visit the orphange the next day. The babies were sick (ear infections) and we were all exhausted. and it was a 2.5 hour trip each direction. But I urge you, if you have the opportunity, GO! I cannot explain the emotions. Seeing where your daughter has spent the first months of her life is priceless.

Anonymous said...

Félicitations!
Je vous souhaite une rencontre merveilleuse!

Andrea said...

Hi Nicole,
Our daughter is from Nanchang.
We traveled last summer and our tavel blog (O,Sister) is at the bottom of our site.
Please feel free to go over
http://thehappyhippychronicles.com
and see some of the sites.
We had a great time.
Congrats guys. She is gorgeous!

Andrea

T Kitty said...

Congratulations on the referral of your precious daughter. I just returned from Nanchang in Nov. 2010 with our beautiful daughter. It was a obviously a great trip and know it will be the same for you! Tracy

Special K said...

In all the excitement and frenzy of the last week, I guess I didn't realize Lily and Mia are both from Jiangxi. I'll be in Nanchang, too. Does your agency have any guesses on travel yet? I so hope we end up there at the same time!

Mia is from Tonggu which is about another 1 1/2 hr west of where Lily is.

K said...

I've been home four days now with my daughter. I adopted her in the Nanchang Civil Affairs office where you will adopt your daughter. I stayed at the Jin Feng Hotel which is within walking distance of the civil affairs office. It was very nice. Best of all, the restaurant right outside and to the right, was extremely good and also inexpensive, especially if you shared with another family. Just have your guide make you a list that says the following:

No spicey,
check please,
Rice
Fried Rice

and then choose from the pictures on the menu and point to no spicey and you'll get some really great food!

I wish you all the best on your miraculous journey!