Sunday, April 17, 2011

To BOB or not to BOB??

Baby shopping is in full gear and yesterday we went to the most amazing baby store ever. Buy Buy Baby is like entering a universe strictly designed for babies...everything you could EVER need or want. This is actually not all a good thing for people like me who don't make decisions very easily. I mean really...there is an entire wall about 40 feet high with different types of pacifiers. There are also like 500 strollers lining the walls and you can actually take them for a test drive around the store. I've been contemplating the BOB for a while now...ever since one of my running partners let me try it out with her kids in it for a few minutes. It was awesome. My concern is that this stroller is $400+ and I really don't want to drop so much cha-ching on something that I can't use ALL the time. I've had some feedback from some BOB lovers who say that they actually DO use it all the time and it's good for kids up to 70 lbs (meaning that Lily could probably use it till high school) but my remaining concerns are...is there storage space for, say, a trip to the mall? Does it fold easily and small enough to fit in my Civic trunk? Cup holders - I know there is an attachment you can buy with accessories like cup holders but are they good? Is there a tray table attachment for the baby as she gets older? Plus it doesn't swivel from front facing to rear facing like some other options and will this be ok considering we want as much bonding time/tools as possible?

1 comment:

Special K said...

I went today to try them out, too.

My fave is the City Mini. Loved it!! Everything I want..good sun canopy, parent and child tray (you have to buy as an add on but the trays work with the stroller which was a must for me), lots of storage, so EASY to use, one handed fold. Only thing it didn't have was the rear facing seat...which I really wanted, too. But I'm considering adjusting my expectations I loved this one so much. It was $239.

Now there's also a City Select which DOES rear face. Really really loved this one! Almost exactly like the Mini, except two handed fold - still easy, lots of storage, a little heftier than the Mini, add on trays, etc. But it's $500! Not sure I can splurge on that one. Seems extravagant.

They didn't have the Kolcraft Contours to test drive. I've tried BRU and Target, too. May see if Walmart has a display cuz they also carry it.

PS. My BFF who has kids ranging from age 24-5 said splurge. A good stroller will last forever and be worth it if you love it. Sounded like good advice to me. LOL!