Thursday, April 14, 2011

58 months

Wow! I can't believe how one month can change our lives so much. Today is our 58th LID Month-a-versary. 58 months since China stamped the paperwork that took us 8 months to prepare and put our hopes and dreams in a stack to sit...for 57 months. Then, last month, they brushed it off and matched us with the child that was meant to be ours. I have said many times in the last 2 weeks that if I had known on October 12, 2005 when we made the decision to adopt that we would be a part of the miracle that happened on April 1, 2011, when I saw my daughter's face, this wait would have been negligible. I could have handled it so much easier if I could have just seen in to the future and known that my daughter wouldn't be born until October 22, 2010. I know now that if I had just had blind faith, my heart would not have ached so much, I would not have shed so many tears and I wouldn't have doubted my future every single day for almost 5 years. If I would just have had Faith. But now I do.

1 comment:

Special K said...

I totally forgot what day it was! I know I'll never forget the sting of the wait. But already it's fading... just a tiny little bit. :)

Happy LID-versary to us!