Dad was with me today and he is FANTASTIC at making sure we take pictures of everything. We are hoping he will go to China with us also...that would be suh-weeeeet! So here I am outside of the post office. The sun was shining in my eyes and I'm guessing that's why I wasn't smiling. I didn't know yet that the package was going to cost me $58.75 to send.
Thursday, April 07, 2011
Care Package
I couldn't let too much time pass before I sent my little girl a care package. I sent her a blanket that I crocheted during this enormous wait, a little ladybug stuffed animal, a teething toy, a photo book with pictures of us and her family, some disposable cameras, treats for her caregivers and a letter (to be translated) letting them know how much we already love her and appreciate all the wonderful care they are providing her as she grows during these early months. Hopefully they will take pictures of her with the cameras and return them to us to develop so that we can have something to share with her as she gets older.
I really hope my sweet girl gets the package soon. Ann (the woman who will receive the package, translate our letter, forward it to the orphanage and make sure it has arrived) also requests updated pictures from the orphanage director. She has already done this and we are so hoping to get them soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I ordered my care package last night from Ann. Just praying and hoping we both get updated pics. I want to see my little girl. And I'm sure you do, too!
Post a Comment