Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Updated Picture of our Sweet Baby

Surprise! This morning Michelle e-mailed me and I have never been more thankful to have a smart phone. I was getting my supplies together to admit a patient, looked at my phone and squealed with delight when I saw a text from her - "Check your e-mail". Lo and behold, I opened it and saw this most gorgeous face in the world. For a second those eyes were all I could see. Then the little hands. The wispy baby hair. The little nose, the perfect ears, the pouty mouth.
Then the layers and layers of clothes, the little tiny pink sock covered feet dangling above the floor. The appearance of a clean floor, walker, the cabinets around her.
Then the metal cribs lined up, the bottles and baby items on the cabinet, the windows with sunshine and yellow curtains.


This is my sweet baby, my dream come true, the most perfect child in the world. She is half-way around the world in this place I have never seen waiting for us. I need to get to her as soon as possible. There are cheeks to kiss, baby coos to hear, girly headbands to wear. I love this child. Love her.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Nicole!! She's precious. Nice healthy measurements, too!! You must be so excited to finally go get her!!
(Anonymommy, from RQ)

Special K said...

So so cute! She's tiny though. Maybe just because my daughter seems to be a bruiser. LOL!

Do you carry her pics around with you everywhere like I do and start to miss her if you haven't looked at her in awhile? I bet you do. :)

Nicole said...

Thank you both!! I am so in love! I do carry her pics with me ... she is the wallpaper on my cell phone and I have all her pictures on my locker at work. I feel like I have memorized every detail of her face and every time I see her I can't help but smile. Really it's so strange how my entire perspective on life has changed in a matter of days. :)