I got up in the middle of the night last night, noticed my phone flashing by the bed and felt compelled to look at it. I was so happy to see an e-mail from Ann at Red Thread with more updated pictures of Lily. My little girl is beautiful.
It kind of looks like she has been crying here. I showed some of the nurse practitioners at work and they said it's either because she just woke up, she has been crying or she may have a little eczema or contact dermatitis. Regardless, I adore this picture and have spent every spare moment today just staring in to her sweet eyes. I just want to whisper in her ear, "Mommy is coming for you baby girl. She loves you soooo much."

I think the orphanage staff must have just clicked and clicked while she was in this walker just waiting for her to smile or make funny faces.

The frustrated face

I think this is the same as the the one we got yesterday. The "I'm a sweet baby" face

Doh.

Ann is just awesome. I am so, so grateful to her for doing this for us. She also received our care package, translated the letter, took a picture of it all and forwarded it to our FuRen. Hopefully the orphanage will receive it in the next couple of days.

My heart is so full. :)
2 comments:
Hi, First of all I want to say congratulations on your sweet baby's referral, she is absolutely precious.
I had seen your referral on RQ, but didn't get the chance to read until now. What surprised me from the beginning is the name you've chosen for your daughter. Our first daughter (bio, 9 years old) is also named Lily Faith. This name meant a lot to us too, and fits her so well, as I'm sure it will your baby also.
I also noticed you live in Birmingham, I grew up in Center Point/Pinson, and now live in Madison up near Huntsville. Small world huh? My in-laws are in Tuscaloosa, and my sister still lives in Pinson, so we pass through there quite a bit. I also noticed you work at St. Vintson's Hospital. My uncle used to be a nurse in the E.R., he retired a couple of years ago, and just passed away from cancer in November. He worked there for a really long time, and this is where he went for his treatments.
Well, I just wanted to stop in and say hi, and congrats again on your sweet little Lily.
Angela
I don't comment very often but just wanted to say that your Lily is a beautiful baby. I'm so happy for you. We have a Lily too, adopted from China over 5 years ago. I am her very proud grandmother. I wish you all well on this amazing journey.
LCN
Post a Comment