Friday, April 15, 2011

2 weeks in

Two weeks ago today, almost to this very minute, I was meeting my daughter on paper. I will NEVER forget that day. Our acceptance of Lily's referral went back to China FedEx that night. Our adoption agency says that travel approvals have come to them quickly in the past and thinks that we are actually even now, at the 2 week mark, within the window for possibly receiving it. This is important because as soon as we get that TA (travel approval issued by China inviting us to come get our daughter), we will have to schedule our consulate appointment which will happen during the last leg of our trip and then, depending on that appointment date, we can book our flights. Michelle from our adoption agency (our total lifeline right now) says we could possibly be in Lily's province, prepared to meet her as soon as 2 weeks after we receive our travel approval. I am getting chills just at the prospect of that. We could be just a couple weeks away from holding Lily. I am prepared, however, to have to wait until the middle to end of May...I have even thought on my pessimistic days that it might be the beginning of June BUT...let me indulge for a minute and think it may be sooner. While these last two weeks have been tough knowing that our little girl is in this world without us, I wouldn't trade a second of this amazing time. I feel so blessed, fortunate, chosen. The next few weeks will get tougher, I know this. We have done everything we can humanly do to get to Lily as quick as possible and we will hold her in our arms on the very first day that we can. Until then, we will hold her in our hearts.

3 comments:

Special K said...

I know it's completely up to China.. but my agency is hoping (fingers crossed) to travel May 20th. Does your agency think we might be there at the same time?

Nicole said...

Wouldn't that be something??? They have given us a timeline of 2-4 weeks for travel approval and then want us in Jiangxi to receive Lily 2 weeks later. I think that would put us there around mid-May but I am just so not sure. I would love to meet you and Mia in Nanchang...that would be AWESOME!!

China Dreams said...

The time will seem to drag by, and then afterwards you'll wonder where it went and whether or not you can possibly get ready in time!

Ruby