Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy 6 Month Birthday Baby Girl!!

Six months ago, a very brave woman in China made a decision that would change her own life, the life of her child and our lives forever. She gave us our precious little girl. I can't even imagine what she must have gone through in making that decision, the sacrifice for a child I know she loved. Would it have made it easier for her if she knew that this child would be so loved by a family half way around the world who would do absolutely anything to give her a lifetime of opportunities and happiness?


Six months ago this day, this beautiful baby girl came in to this world destined to be our daughter. Our hearts are with her thousands of miles away. We won't be whole until she is in our arms. I can't even tell you how much I love her. Thoughts of her make me spontaneously smile and imagining our exciting future has given me a peace and joy that I have never known. Happy 6 month birthday my sweet Lily Faith Ren, my angel, my star, my dream come true!



2 comments:

Special K said...

Happy 6 months to Lily!

Liz said...

I highly recommend this book! It will help you understand so much about the Mother's of China. It changed my life, and the way I feel about my daughter's abandonment.
http://www.amazon.ca/Message-Chinese-Mother-Stories-Loss/dp/0701184027