Monday, May 09, 2011

Two More Sleeps

WOW! We only have two more full days and nights before we board a plane and make our way to the little girl we have dreamed about for over 5 years now. I really can't believe it. I am so emotional...crying spontaneously, having temper tantrums over nothing and having some major OCD over packing, etc. It's crazy. Trust me, I know it will all work out. Things have come together so perfectly and beautifully since we've seen Lily's face - I just know that this is exactly how things were meant to happen.


Jeff and I are even more stoked because my parents have moved back to Birmingham...in fact, they did the big move this weekend. On top of that, Dad is going with us to China! We are so excited that he wants to go and is able to be a part of this amazing journey. It is surely going to be the trip of a lifetime. Some highlights of our itinerary:


May 12-15 - Beijing (tour Great Wall, Summer Palace, Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Temple of Heaven)

May 15 - Travel from Beijing to Nanchang and MEET LILY at 4:30pm local time

May 16-22 - Nanchang (Lily's registration/notarization - where we process the Chinese end of the adoption, get her Chinese passport and have a few free days to explore her home Province_

May 22 - Travel from Nanchang to Guangzhou

May 23-27 - Guangzhou (home of the US Consulate/Embassy to process the US side of the adoption - get Lily's medical exam, Consulate/Embassy appointment and swearing in, get her visa for travel to US with one free day for shopping)

May 27 - Travel from Guangzhou to Beijing

May 28 - Travel from Beijing back to Birmingham (arriving Saturday night)


We are so very close!

1 comment:

Special K said...

Right there with you...crying, OCD, all of it. LOL!