On Friday (5/27) we made our last in China plane trip from Guangzhou to Beijing. We really loved Guangzhou and Shamian Island but we were very ready to start this journey home. I was nervous about the plane ride because Lily didn't do great on the very short one to Guangzhou. I was lulled in to a fall sense of security when Lily slept for the first 40 minutes or so on this 3 hour ride. When she woke up, it was a free for all. She had a bad diaper...I could manage that. Then the fussing started. Lily requires walking in order to calm down when she has a meltdown and it's really hard to walk in a plane that has turbulence or when the pilot turns on the seatbelt sign. Lily was screaming, crying big crocodile tears, completely inconsolable. I broke the rules and tried to walk her up and down the aisle and it didn't work. Louise, our guide, then came and took her and started to walk her back to her seat. I had a full on southern come-apart at that moment. I didn't want anyone taking my baby away from me, crazy crying or not. I escaped to the bathroom, pulled myself together and, when I got back she was suggesting a bottle. So we all frantically made one even though she had just finished one an hour earlier and I fed her some. Well....that was a mistake. About 30 minutes before landing, Lily projectile spewed all over herself and me. I rushed to wipe her down, change her and get her situated before landing. As soon as she puked, all was right with the world. I guess she may have had some motion sickness. I don't know but it was horribly miserable. When we landed, I was red-eyed, covered in baby puke and beside myself worried about the 13 hour flight we face home.
2 comments:
Yes, even the puke is special. If you can find baby wings before the next flight, they're worth it. They go in her ears and prevent any altitude problems/sickness. They're really cheap, too.
You don't have to be from the South for that meltdown. I'm ferocious about it; you have to be pretty close to me if you want to hold my baby.
Ruby
It's awful when they can't tell you what's wrong and you're tearing yourself apart trying to make them better and not get stressed by it all.
It may have been gas. I know my neice used to lie across my sisters lap and get her back rubbed to help with the gas.
Karen
Post a Comment