Our baby girl is so, so tiny. I did the step on the scale, add her trick and it looks like she weighs about 11 lbs. We will get an official weight at her medical exam next week in Guangzhou. Her 3-6 month clothes that I brought for her are a little too big. Her size 2 diapers are also loose and we got some size small ones here and they are downright baggy. She is petite in every way and really appears to be about 2-3 months old although we know that she will actually be 7 months old in just 5 days.
The hotel brought in a crib, baby bathtub, stroller and baby pot for us to use. The orphanage told us that they start potty training at 4 months and that we should put her on the baby pot an hour after every bottle for her to use it. I did that once on the first night when she was inconsolable and there was no potty. It just feels weird to put a tiny baby on this pot and expect them to use it. I guess stranger things have happened. She had her first bath yesterday and doesn't love the water. She had to have her second bath yesterday also after she spit up all over herself and me.
Her medical said that she had a weak stomach and it was so right. She had gas for the first few hours and really purged herself of 2 full bottles yesterday. She has given us 4 stinky diapers so far so the prune juice and glycerins that I brought won't be needed :). The orphanage gave us 2 boxes of formula and 2 rice cereal and told us to mix 6 scoops of formula and 4 of rice cereal with each full 8 oz bottle. That seems like a lot, right? They also said it would last 2 weeks and, after 2 days, we are already in to the 2nd box. We brought a little enfamil but weren't anticipating using it except as a back up so I'm not sure what we will do about formula since we aren't able to get her orphanage brand here. It is only made in the city where she was living.
Yesterday was a big day for all of us. We went to the Civil Affairs office to agree to love and care for Gan Fu Ren forever. We signed our documents and became her parents in just a few moments. She is officially ours and we could not be happier.
Our angel didn't sleep much her first night with us but slept about 6 hours in the bed with us last night. She also just woke up from her nap and slept almost 2 hours then...in her Daddy's arms. He is doing amazingly with her! She gives us smiles all the time, showing us her 2 little bottom teeth. It appears that some of her upper teeth are trying to break through too. Hopefully this explains why she had a little temp this morning when she woke up. She also has a little runny nose and some sneezing/coughing so she may have a little cold. I gave her a little baby Tylenol and her temp is completely normal now. It did make her fall asleep so we may be using it on the plane rides that are coming up.
We have 5 more days here in Nanchang and we will be so ready to leave when Sunday comes. This city is so different from Beijing. It is very much more rural, the air quality is worse, the driving is absolutely horrid and scary, there aren't many convenient stores or restaurants around the hotel. It is a place we will always love because we met our baby girl here but it's definitely not a place for vacationing.
Well...Lily is up now and I am craving baby hugs so I am going to sign off for now. Here are a few pictures... We are so, so happy!!!
4 comments:
Oh Nicole - she was made to be in your arms! It's sooooooo obvious! Congrats to you and Daddy. I know you couldn't be more happy. And I know I'm waaayyyy down on the bottom of the list, but I want to meet her ASAP!! xoxoxoxox.
Oh, congratulations!!! She is beautiful. We just got home yesterday... It's so weird that we missed each other just by a week or so. Are you staying at the Jin Feng? About the formula and cereal...they told us the same amounts. Our baby would never drink 8 oz., so I just started doing 2 of the cereal and 3 of the formula and made 6-7 oz. bottles. Also, the formula didn't even come close to lasting 2 weeks...the cereal, I still have some. I just started using some of the formula I had brought and transitioned her over. When you get to Guangzhou, you will feel much more at ease as you will be able to get out and eat! It was very hard finding food and restaurants that had pictures or English writing in Nanchang - I hear you there! Hang in there! BTW - Guangzhou, will be hotter than HOT! Don't worry about covering your baby. We did no shoes and socks most of the time with sun dresses and she was still hot! Nobody said anything to us about it either! Enjoy your trip!
Ziggy on RQ
I can't wait to see the video, I'm so glad your dad was there and able to capture it.
You are a natural!
I think the baby spit-up is some type of hazing/initiation into parenthood. You will soon be peed and pooped on.
Brady only has about 5oz in his bottle at a time, so I wouldn't worry about her not finishing an 8 oz bottle.
That's funny about the potty training.
Can't wait to meet her!
Both of my boys hated baths unless I was in the tube with them. I would hold them and my husband would help wash since they are very slippery when wet and I definitely needed more then 2 hands in the beginning.
My second son also did very big spit ups. I was nursing and with in a few days of taking dairy out of my diet the spitting up was almost gone and after about a week it he pretty much never spit up again. I wonder if Lily has a dairy sensitivity (or some other sensitivity to something in her formula). If so hopefully she will out grow it like my son did.
Lily is so beautiful and you 3 are such a beautiful family.
-Jen-
Post a Comment