Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Parenthood

We have had an exhausting and AMAZING couple of days. Lily has developed a pretty bad stuffy nose with lots of boogies and a little sneezing/coughing. Yesterday she had a little temp that came down easily with some Tylenol. Of course, I have been checking it every 2 hours or so (since I'm that OCD) and it has pretty much stayed below 99. She is definitely teething also. Lots of drool and chewing on EVERYTHING. Last night she basically didn't sleep. Jeff was up with her about 5 hours. When she does sleep, she has to be laying on us or touching us. It is very rare that she will lay on her back in the crib or in the bed and fall asleep on her own. She requires holding and walking in order to go to sleep. Therefore...there are lots of sleepy parents and granddads around these parts...
Fortunately, she seems to be feeling some better this afternoon. I had to use the little nasal aspirator thingy on her and she HATED it. Still lots of boogies and some minor sneezing and coughing but no fever and her fussiness has subsided a little. Daddy is holding her right now and she definitely is a daddy's girl. She stares at him out of the side of her eye when I hold her and she just gives him huge toothy grins whenever he looks at her. It's so sweet. Jeff is being so wonderful with her. So is Grandpa...
He just loves her smiles too. Seeing my dad with his granddaughter just melts me. I can tell he is so in love with her and I can't wait to share our whole future with our family. There is so much fun and happiness ahead of us.



See this precious beauty....she is better than any dream I could've ever had.


And every day it just gets better and better.

















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's too adorable for words. Look at that darling smile!

azylee said...

I'm loving that sweet toothy smile!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Your daughter is beautiful - love her smile!