Sunday, March 20, 2011

One blessing after another

Working in a Catholic hospital affords me lots of unique opportunities. I may not be a hard core religious person but I do consider myself spiritual and I try to take from my surroundings what I am needing at any given time for my own mental health and sanity. I do believe in God. I accept that not all people do...that's fine of course. But for me, my own spiritual journey is very personal and every day I explore it in a different way.

Anyway...every day in my workplace, we have a moments of prayer, church bells, nuns walking in the halls, a priest who makes patient rounds and, on my unit, we have a different bible verse posted in our hall. I love it. It gives me an opportunity to explore my own beliefs and see people who are in need of spirituality due to sickness, health, stress and happiness.

So Thursday when Jeff called me with the good news about his test results, I was floating. My co-workers had celebrated with me and I was thinking about how we could now focus on Lily and both be healthy for her when she joins us. I passed our bible verse board and this is what I saw....
This was a sign to me. I take from it what I need. We have had one blessing and there is another right around the corner. It's happening.

No comments: