Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Any Day Now

I got a call this morning from our sweet adoption agency rep with some info that tells me that we should have our Lily's referral ANY DAY NOW. I would say, realistically as long as this info is accurate (and I have to believe it is completely), we will see our Lily between tomorrow (not as likely) and next Tuesday-ish. If it's tomorrow or Thursday, I am working and will have to start puking so that I can leave without abandoning my patient assignment. If I know in advance, I will call in and I have already told my boss and co-workers that if I call in then it is LILY DAY. I have been at this hospital almost a year and haven't called in at all yet so this would be big for me. If it is Friday, it will be late in the day. I'm off but I absolutely want our agency rep to be the one to give us our Lily's info and she is tied up until late in the day. No deliveries happen over the weekend so if it's not this week, it will probably be Monday or Tuesday. I have to remind myself to breathe. My stomach is doing Olympic-worthy gymnastics. After 5 years, you would think I would be the one of the most patient people in the world but not-so-much. I am so stinkin' excited that I am about to become a mommy...my dream of a lifetime is about to come true. I can almost not believe it and I feel a little guilty that I half expect something not so great to happen. After this tumultuous 5+ years, I guess that is a human feeling. For now, I choose the cautious excitement. I have looked at this verse a lot over the past few weeks. It was part of our wedding vows, as it is for many, and it has given me some comfort during this last endless month. While I am not patient, my love for my baby girl is. Jeff and I both already love her more than we ever thought possible of a child who we have never seen or touched. She is our child, our dream and our future and she will be in our arms soon...though she has been in our hearts forever.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

2 comments:

Special K said...

Cautious excitement right there with ya!!! I know I'll wait longer just cuz that's how my agency does it. But seeing your Lily and the other June babies will help me hold on those couple extra days.

Yay!! It's finally our turn!!

Ali said...

Very exciting! One of Amy Guess/Walsh's friends here. Just saying hello and cheering you on!!! I know the road to motherhood isn't always the easiest for everyone, but, it will be worth it!!! :)