Thursday, March 17, 2011

One bit of great news down, one more to go

As if you couldn't guess, that "OTHER" thing I was referring to was a little (well...to me it was a big) health scare for Jeff. We got some test results today and everything is a-ok. Pheeeeww. Talk about relief. Jeff called me on my work phone and I just about screamed it to my co-workers. I am so fortunate that I work with some great people who helped me partake in a little spontaneous "happy dance" mid-morning. This situation has really been a reminder for us to appreciate our health, each other and every single day that we are on this planet. Jeff and I are far from perfect but I can honestly say that I don't want to picture any day of my life without him. He's kinda grown on me. ;)

So now, with this great news upon us today, I am hoping and believing that we are on a roll and are due for some more life shattering great experiences in the next couple of weeks. When I told Jeff last night that there is a rumor that the CCAA is preparing to match, he looked at me with his eyes wide and said, "That means that they could be matching us with our baby RIGHT NOW." He is so right.

Thanks so much to everyone who was thinking about us and praying for us these past few weeks. I don't know what I would have done without the reality checks and without everyone who let me just have my own sobfest. Special thanks to my amazing husband who says he knew all along that it would be ok. He's so strong...more so than most people know. I'm so lucky.

2 comments:

Brookie9184 said...

It might just be my hormones, but I started tearing up thinking about how your sweet baby girl is probably being matched up with you guys right now. I know how badly you guys want this, and your patience and endurance astounds me :) I am so hopeful and happy for you both! We'll keep praying for a quick end to this process!!!

Special K said...

Very happy to hear you got good news. :)