Today's Lily-waiting-when-will-we-hear-something obsession distraction is baby-proofing. This is a topic that we haven't put a whole lot of thought in to and we probably won't start purchasing safety gear until we get our referral but it is, nevertheless, a very important topic. Since Lily will be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years-ish, we have no idea what stage of development she will be at so we will determine how fanatic we go once we meet her and see how interested she is in her environment. Honestly, though, our house is a death trap for toddlers. We have electronics, stairs, lots of electrical outets and power strips, tables with sharp corners, glass things on shelves. Geesh...it's a wonder Jeff and I haven't hurt ourselves. I know we will need at least 2 gates for our 2 sets of stairs and at least eleventy ba-jillion outlet covers. Then I'll duct tape pillows over the corners of our tables and wrap Lily in a couple rolls of Charmin. That should do it, right?!? Really...I'm working on the whole over-protective thing...that will take some time.
But, seriously, take a look at this...
Can you picture it smack in the middle of my living room? It's a kid corral. That would take care of the need for any of the other safety paraphernalia, right? Ha ha. I am seriously just kidding. Or am I??
5 comments:
Yes....you are!
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one obsessing (distracting myself) over crazy stuff. Today I called my sister and made her go check her curling iron to see if it was dual voltage....so we could take it to China. LOL!
I am dreading having to baby-proof again with Brady!
Eamon actually figured out how to pull of the outlet covers, with his teeth!! Ed just found some actual outlets that are child-proof. In order to activate them, you have to stick something in both sides simultaneously. He is in the process of changing all of ours out.
Don't forget about childproof door knob covers so she can't open the doors.
Eamon used to bite the outlet covers with his teeth to get them off. Hope Lily is not that aggresive!
Wow....I am now going to use this baby-proofing thing as an excuse to go shopping. As if I need an excuse, right?!?!
Post a Comment