Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Mysterious Ways

See this precious baby girl...her name is Natalie. She is 10 weeks old and she was with me in my office all morning long. Her grandmother works with me, had emergency baby duty for her daughter who was sick and needed to get some work done so I didn't hesitate to take her and play, coo, make faces and weird noises all in the attempt to get a smile. I got lots and lots of them. She made my day.

Little did I know that she was preparing me for some news I would get later this evening. Without divulging the news that I received (to protect the privacy of my source :)), I will say that I had a little reminder of how selfish I can be and how deeply I ache to be a mommy. So thank you to Natalie for giving me some strength to face my own inner demons.

No comments: