Friday, May 04, 2007

Linkin Pahk, Linkin Pahk


How funny that British people chant for Linkin Park with an accent, huh? This picture is of me and Dad leaving the house getting ready to rock out to Linkin Park on Thursday night. We were really amped for the show because they were playing in The Astoria in downtown London which only holds about 1,600 people - a very rare opportunity to see a band as big as Linkin Park in such a small venue.
So we got to the Astoria and the line to get in was already wrapped around an entire block...we grabbed some sandwiches from Pret A Manger and got our booties in line where we stood for about an hour and a half. About 6:40pm, they started letting people in and we marched ourselves in, decided on the stage area over the balcony area and got some drinks (I discovered Strongbow cider - in the words of my dear Raechel Ray - YUM-O). We found a place to stand about 15-20 feet from the stage....it was awesome to walk in and see just how small the venue was. I weaved through the crowds twice to refill our drinks while we waited until 8:30pm for the band to take the stage...we met some interesting British Frappucino boys (you know the frappucino re-mix with Linkin Park and Jay-Z?) who entertained us while we waited and then the rocking began. With the first strum of the guitar, we got moved at least 5 feet as the moshing began. People were just body slamming and pushing each other all over the place. We may have been a little freaked out at first but then it calmed down and we settled into the mass of sweaty rocker folks. In one word, the concert was UNBELIEVABLE! We were so close I almost felt like I could reach out and touch the band. Just when I thought they had played all the songs I love, they played some more that I had forgotten about. They played a couple of songs from their upcoming album, Minutes to Midnight, which were good but the bulk of the music came from Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Dad and I both were rocking out and I had a fantastic time. A fantastic, fantastic time.
I know we were the only father/daughter moshing and rocking duo there - how neat, huh?

No comments: