We are in for a doozy today. The weather folks have nicknamed this storm plowing across the southeast the "March Lion". We, in Alabama, are under a high risk of severe weather for today, including potentially large and damaging tornadoes. We have only had 10 warnings of this nature in the past 18 years so it makes me a little nervous. Schools in the area are closing at noon and people are reviewing their tornado and severe weather plans and listening out for those loud sirens. I'm not a big fan of tornadoes so I hope this passes over quickly without too much incident. I hope Dorothy stays in Kansas today - Oz can wait. :)Thursday, March 01, 2007
The March Lion
We are in for a doozy today. The weather folks have nicknamed this storm plowing across the southeast the "March Lion". We, in Alabama, are under a high risk of severe weather for today, including potentially large and damaging tornadoes. We have only had 10 warnings of this nature in the past 18 years so it makes me a little nervous. Schools in the area are closing at noon and people are reviewing their tornado and severe weather plans and listening out for those loud sirens. I'm not a big fan of tornadoes so I hope this passes over quickly without too much incident. I hope Dorothy stays in Kansas today - Oz can wait. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment