Waaahhhhhh!!! I walked into the kitchen without turning the light on tonight and reached into my pile o' snacks and felt a needle poke all the way through my left pointer finger. First I thought, "Geesh, that was a sharp corner on those bag of chips". Then my finger kept hurting so I turned on the light to see if there really was a needle in my snack stash. That's when I saw the bee fly up toward the light. It didn't leave it's stinger in my finger but it definitely stang the crap out of me. Jeff got revenge by beating the crap out of it with my Publix ad. That's love, huh. So now as I type sans left pointer finger, my finger is swelling up and it aches all the way to my chest. I know I'm a baby. Blasted stinkin' bee. I guess that teaches me to reach for a snack in the dark.Monday, March 12, 2007
Attack of the killer bee
Waaahhhhhh!!! I walked into the kitchen without turning the light on tonight and reached into my pile o' snacks and felt a needle poke all the way through my left pointer finger. First I thought, "Geesh, that was a sharp corner on those bag of chips". Then my finger kept hurting so I turned on the light to see if there really was a needle in my snack stash. That's when I saw the bee fly up toward the light. It didn't leave it's stinger in my finger but it definitely stang the crap out of me. Jeff got revenge by beating the crap out of it with my Publix ad. That's love, huh. So now as I type sans left pointer finger, my finger is swelling up and it aches all the way to my chest. I know I'm a baby. Blasted stinkin' bee. I guess that teaches me to reach for a snack in the dark.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope that you are alive today.I know those bees are vicious.haha!
Not remembering getting stung by a bee before, I wouldn't know what the normal amount of swelling is. Is what you described excessive or an allergic reaction?
It's still a little swollen this morning but I think it is in the range of "normal" - it's just hurts like a bugger. It even woke me up a few times during the night and I started wondering if the stinger might be lodges somewhere deep in my finger...I know I'm weird. One thing I've learned - avoid those bees at all costs because this first time being stung is quite enough for me.
lodged not lodges - I hate those grammatical errors
Post a Comment