Monday, October 09, 2006

Scenes from my office

I have my camera at work today to download some pictures from an event this weekend and took some pictures of 2 of the most important things that I look at every day.

I have this big dry erase calendar that hangs on my wall. I put all of the upcoming Girl Scout program events on here but I also put my vacation. I know I just came back from one but, in just 4 weeks, Jeff and I will have a few days off for our 5th anniversary. I am the world's worst for looking so forward to time off. Hee hee.

Then I have my cute little name frame with tiles from Spain that Mom and Dad had made for me several years ago. I have put a couple of ladybugs around it so that every day I am reminded of my little girl in China (not that it takes a ladybug to make me think about her because she is in my thoughts every minute of every day). Ladybugs are supposed to be a sign of good luck in the whole China adoption process and, with the changing weather, ladybug sightings are rampant among my fellow parents-in-waiting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My youngest child is Ladybug....
I hadn't told anybody what I was going to name her. When I handed her to my mother the first time and introduced Adelaide, my mother said, "Isn't she the perfect little Adeladybug?"

Nicole said...

How cute! She must bring you lots of good luck. :)