Saturday, October 28, 2006

Miracles

I know in my heart that all children are miracles and I witnessed some last night at our very first Families with Children from China (FCC) Waiting Families meeting. We were among 4 waiting families and 4 who were already home with their little girls. While I was a little disturbed that we were the ones with the most recent log in date and have the longest wait still ahead of us, I am so grateful that Jeff and I had the opportunity to meet other families who have been or are going through the same thing that we are. The baby girls were so sweet and their parents eyes were just so filled with love and contentment. I can't wait until we are the ones sharing our baby girl with families in the "waiting phase". We will meet about every 6 weeks and have speakers about adoption related topics. Just the stories from China and the honest accounts of real-life issues that these new parents have faced make these meetings so necessary for us. I just hope and pray that we are parents by this time next year - I know that is such a stretch for the timeline in China right now but I have to hold on to something.

PS - This is a picture from The Children's Place website :).

No comments: