Ok so I am a little out of control with the whole diet thing. I have a few (read: maybe more than a few) pounds that I need to lose and I am now 5 days from vacation which of course usually turns into an eat-fest. As a small step in the right direction I am challenging myself to run 5 miles a minimum of 3 times this week. The first time is already down - Jeff and I did 5 miles this morning. Before we step on that plane to head abroad, I will have at least 15 miles behind me. Go me!
2 comments:
How long does it take you to do 5 miles? I've had pretty good success with 20-30 minutes on the stationary cycle keeping my heart rate at about 160, then transitioning to walking 5-10 minutes. After that an hour of weights. I repeat this 3 times a week. I haven't been seeing as much muscle growth as I would like (hardly any), but I have been maintaining my weight.
It has been taking me about 11 minutes per mile - much slower than my 9 minute miles that I was doing before the knee surgery. My problem is that I don't do enough weights - I need to be better about that. Right now I am having some major stomach pain (I think it might be a bad case of reflux) so doing anything is rough.
You are good to maintain your weight and have a cookie addiction. You must have the right balance to make your metabolism kick booty. :)
Post a Comment