Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Windex or Alka Seltzer Plus


Remember in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" when the dad used Windex for EVERYTHING....to treat skin problems, infections, etc.?? I remember thinking how hokey that was but now, I have realized, Jeff has his own version of Windex...it's Alka Seltzer Plus.

I have a cold...a pretty dog-gone bad one. Of course, at the first sign of my symptoms, Jeff starts downing the fizzy stuff. Have you actually heard of prophylactic use of Alka Seltzer plus? And yesterday I took Day-quil to no avail...the stuffy nose and horrible aches were not even touched. Last night, Jeff told me that it's cause I didn't take my Alka Seltzer...I would probably be all better now if I had followed the "regimen".

So...if you have a belly ache, Alka Seltzer. If you feel tired, iron supplements and Alka Seltzer. If someone within 20 feet of you develops symptoms of illness, get on the Alka Seltzer as quickly as humanly possible. You might even want to carry a packet in your pocket or in your purse just in case. Of course if you get a wart, leave it to the Windex.




No comments: