Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day of Remembrance


Today is the National Day of Remembrance for Pregnancy and Infant Loss. I know my last couple of blog posts have been kinda bummer-ish but I promise this post will be followed by a happier one.

We don't need a special day, really, to remember our own pregnancy loss. I have blogged about it several times so if you are a reader of my blog then you know the pain that I still face about what happened on April 17th, 2003 and the weeks preceding. I am definitely not alone in this pain...there are so many women and families that have suffered similar sadness. Some have gone on to have beautiful families and some, like us, are still waiting for that dream to come true.

Today I remember my sweet baby that left my body and went to live in heaven. I hope that he or she is in the arms of my grandmothers and Jeff's mom.

1 comment:

LaetificantCor said...

Mine was September 9, 1996. An all around bad situation that got worse and worse so it nearly claimed my life before they did an emergency D&C on November 23, 1996. I always think of it on April 7 because that was the due date they had given me.... (HUGS)