It's rainy here today...and chilly. I haven't had such a great day but I'm not gonna gripe. It occurred to me that I have not yet posted that I am MORE than half-way done with nursing school. Last week was the half-way point of the semester and (since I am in semester 3 of 5) the half-way point of my entire RN program. The past 2 1/2 semesters have really gone by quickly and I am hoping the next 2 1/2 are just as quick. I am anxious to get finished and get to working again. I am actually pondering a job search to carry me through these last months of school but I haven't decided for sure on that one. I would like to focus on school but I really need to be contributing something for the benefit of my household.
These past two weeks I have been in Maternity clinicals which is an area of nursing that I like but I don't think is one I will be working in post-graduation. I have had mother/baby (post-partum), labor & delivery and lactation days. Of all of them, I think I am most suited for labor & delivery because it can be fast paced, involves some surgery (c-sections) and is a short-term patient assignment. I am still thinking that I am going to end up in a critical care area or oncology. I suppose I will know more with more experience. It will also depend how far I can take my schooling. Time will tell...as with all things.
No comments:
Post a Comment