Monday, October 20, 2008

Shhhh....don't tell anyone

But when I was *supposed* to be spending the whole weekend working on clinical paperwork, Jeff and I actually took a quick jaunt to the casino in Mississippi. Really though, I stayed up late Thursday and Friday nights in anticipation of this possibility so I wasn't really too much of a slacker.
So off we went...but we were too spontaneous to get the "normal" room that we usually get at one of the posh gambling establishments. We had to settle for the Key West Inn, a 2 star (can you believe it - us in a 2 star?!?)...ha ha. Seriously the places we usually stay in are really nice. They invest in you so you will drop a buck in their casino. But of course, the old people beat us to the free rooms. You know I'm right because while we were there both Willie Nelson and Air Supply had concerts at the neighboring casinos. Rednecks and 80s mullets at their finest.
So our "top-rated" hotel had a funny little sign outside of the bathroom threatening to charge us for their linens if we packed them away in our suticases...hilarious, huh?
But they would have let us take the bug trap for free. Jeff, in his eternal optimism, said ,"We should feel good cause you know the exterminator came to our room." And I am all like, "Whatever...the fact that they needed to come to our room is a sign of bad things to come and an itchy night's sleep." I did kill 2 spiders in the bathroom too...
So the joy of the trip was that Jeff and I got to spend some time together, that we got to eat and eat and eat some more at the PAULA DEEN BUFFET (that's right butter galore!), and that Jeff got to push the little buttons on the slot machine until he just couldn't push them anymore. His picture is above - sideways - you have to use your imagination.

No comments: