Have you been watching? You bet we have. The Olympics has been on our TV set every night for the past week and we will be glued to it again tonight as Phelps goes for Gold #8. I hope he does it...it's neat to see him freak out like he's doing in this picture. Of course, last night he only won by 0.01 seconds...it was so close that the Silver dude's team filed a protest. Talk about exciting. I definitely have my favorite sports...gymnastics (have you seen the guns on those men while they hang on the rings??), diving and swimming of all varieties (I officially want to BE Dara Torres when I am 41...she is amazing) and today we watched trampoline...it looks too fun to be a sport.
I have to admit, though, when they pan the China country-side I wonder if my baby girl is out there in those hills waiting. I am loving the Olympics but can't wait for them to be over so that maybe, just maybe we can be that much closer to our own trip to China and our own dream come true.
No comments:
Post a Comment