Every day we are faced with choices...what to eat, what to wear, what to do... Sometimes these choices can be a pain in the butt and we dread them. Jeff and I have this experience when we are deciding where we're gonna eat out at or what to watch on TV. We both try to make a decision that we think the other wants but we end up just frustrating each other. But anyway...I digress. Back to choices.
Some decisions that we make are minor...the pink shirt or the gray one? to drive the speed limit or 10 mph over? to take the long way home or the straight route? highlights or all over color? Some are a little more major...quit a job you hate or stick with it for the money? pursue a dream or hold off thinking you may change your mind? go all in with life or play it safe? accept your fate or fight until you win, even if the outcome is not exactly what you thought?
I guess the good thing about life is that we have these choices. Some we make and feel bad about and some we face head on with pride. I was thinking about my choices today and how they have led me to this moment. I am stressed. I am lost sometimes. I have days when I feel like I am drowning. But no one put me here...I did it on my own. No matter how stressed I am, I chose to quit my job and go to nursing school and I am so proud of that...it is something I really want to do and now I'm doing it...by choice. I have faced a pregnancy loss and the loss of the dream of having a biological child but I am not accepting that fate...I am going to be a mother through adoption...by choice. I get out of bed every day and face what is ahead...by choice. I am thankful that I am empowered by my choices...even the little ones. So tomorrow...it's the pink shirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment