Friday, August 08, 2008

8 things on 8-8-08

Today is 8-8-08, a very lucky day in China. People have planned weddings, parties and special events on this day just to take advantage of the luckiness that surrounds the number 8. To commemorate this day, I am going to share 8 things with you ;).

1. You already know that 8 is a very lucky number in China so this day signifies one of the luckiest days of this century.

2. The opening ceremonies of the Olympic Games in Beijing are today, strategically planned for 8-8-08. I am planning to watch as much of the olympics as I can stomach. Every time they show the scenery in China, I think about my baby girl and how she is out there somewhere.
3. I celebrated this lucky day by ridding myself of the mousy hair and getting a new and colorful do. Check it out (ignore the make up free face).


4. In case you didn't get enough of it, here is another shot of my eating solo at the Firehouse Subs...taking a picture of myself with my phone like the true weirdo that I am.

5. Jeff and I celebrated this day together by having our fingerprints taken AGAIN this morning for our adoption stuff. This was our third time doing this for the US Government...and we will be back again to do the same in 15 months. The same folks still work there and are getting to know us pretty well.
6. Yesterday, I exercised for the first time in quite a while. It hurt. Needless to say, I am not exercising today...but I will be back at it tomorrow to try to shrink my booty which has grown significantly in this summer semester.
7. Can you tell I am running out of things to say? Number 7 - I goo-goo'ed the car yesterday. It was so sparkly clean inside and out until the sky clouded up and it poured icky rain about 30 minutes post Goo Goo.
8. Hmmm....I think I have run out of things to say. I will have to get back to you on Number 8....



No comments: