Sunday, November 11, 2007

An old poem

I have been going through my boxes of pictures trying to get some things organized and I found our wedding program. I wrote Jeff a poem that I put on the back while I was in a hurried mess trying to get all of the wedding stuff pulled off. I can't believe it was more than 6 years ago.

Turn My Way

When you turn my way
Do you know that your eyes are
The warmth in my winter day
The truth in my doubts
The answer to my most daunting question
The solution to my every dilemma?

My North Star
Guiding me home
Through the dark

My day's purpose
My morning
My night

My dreams
My future
And all that makes them the same

When you turn my way
Do you know that your eyes are
The rainbow in my sky
The laughter and tears of my life
The home I have always searched for
The reason for all I do?

When you turn my way
I know you will always be
My Star, my purpose and my dream...

-NM

No comments: