Thursday, November 15, 2007

A cornball's take on destiny

What a busy week! I have had orientation and training for my new job, an exam in microbiology and orientation for nursing school all in the past 3 days. I am overwhelmed to say the least. Yesterday my orientation group went on a walking tour of UAB Hospital and we went up to the heli-pad. I took this picture of part of the city and university with my cell phone...it really was pretty.

Now I have a corny moment. One of the first times I came to Birmingham, Jeff took me driving in downtown Birmingham and, of course, drove me through UAB's campus. I was intrigued by the campus and felt some kind of pull way back then...I just had a feeling that something in my life was going to happen there/here. It's not an especially pretty campus. Nothing like Emory where all the buildings were marble and the walkways lined with tulips. Nonetheless, I felt a draw then (probably almost 9 years ago) and felt it again yesterday. Part of my life is going to happen there. I'll just have to wait and see what that might be.





No comments: