November is Adoption Awareness Month. If you read my blog then I know you are aware of adoption since Jeff and I have been on this journey for over 2 years now. While some days I am down in the dumps about how long it is taking for us to be a family, I am very grateful that we have this route to pursue. Without adoption, our dreams of ever being a family would be completely lost. Adoption is something I truly believe in and my views of life and love have been completely transformed by it's incorporation into my life. So this month, I will try my best to stay positive about our adoption no matter the length of the process, to truly appreciate the difficult and devastating decisions made by birth mothers when they decide to place their children for adoption hoping that they will live the best lives possible and be loved by a family bound by choice, to remember all the nannies and caregivers in orphanages and foster homes in China who will give children all the care and nourishment possible before they hand them teary-eyed to their new mommies and daddies, and all the families waiting for the life-changing moment when their futures are in front of them and they hold their children in their arms with the promise of forever, unconditional love. One day that will be us...and at that moment, there will be no doubt that adoption makes dreams come true. And on that day, it will be my dream that comes true. A blessing that I live for...made possible by adoption.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Adoption Awareness Month
November is Adoption Awareness Month. If you read my blog then I know you are aware of adoption since Jeff and I have been on this journey for over 2 years now. While some days I am down in the dumps about how long it is taking for us to be a family, I am very grateful that we have this route to pursue. Without adoption, our dreams of ever being a family would be completely lost. Adoption is something I truly believe in and my views of life and love have been completely transformed by it's incorporation into my life. So this month, I will try my best to stay positive about our adoption no matter the length of the process, to truly appreciate the difficult and devastating decisions made by birth mothers when they decide to place their children for adoption hoping that they will live the best lives possible and be loved by a family bound by choice, to remember all the nannies and caregivers in orphanages and foster homes in China who will give children all the care and nourishment possible before they hand them teary-eyed to their new mommies and daddies, and all the families waiting for the life-changing moment when their futures are in front of them and they hold their children in their arms with the promise of forever, unconditional love. One day that will be us...and at that moment, there will be no doubt that adoption makes dreams come true. And on that day, it will be my dream that comes true. A blessing that I live for...made possible by adoption.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment