Thursday, December 20, 2007

Scared

I have to leave for work in about 45 minutes to work my first 12 hour overnight shift. I am feeling awfully weird about it - not sure if I'm scared or just dreading it. My primary concern is that I woke up at 6:45 am this morning and wasn't able to go to sleep any time during the day today so I will be up until at least 8am tomorrow morning - more than 24 hours of being up. I don't deal well when I am sleep deprived. I will be sleep deprived and having to take care of babies....ARGHHH. Please let me make it through this and have a smooth adjustment to this schedule...pretty please with sugar on top.

UPDATE: I made it through the night without completely losing it...only partially losing it. Today I managed to sleep for about 4 hours off and on and I'm about to head back for another 12 hour shift. Hopefully I will manage to get a little more sleep tomorrow before I go back for my last of 3 shifts in a row. At least I'm still alive, right? I hope everyone is well in the land of the living. I feel kinda outta touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!