Saturday, December 08, 2007

"Blah blah blah" and "Stuff like that"

I had to take this crappy class this semester...Speech. I took it online, believe it or not, but we did have to go to campus this week to do our final speech. Of course this is a very basic class so all of the 17 year olds right out of high school were there. I had to sit through their speeches and it was very "like entertaining, like for real though" . One thing that I gathered during this particular guy's speech is that there are definitely certain words and phrases that you should avoid when giving a speech that will be graded. These include...blah, blah, blah....as in "I was searching on Google for information and found a lot on Edgar Allan Poe. The poems, his life, blah, blah , blah." AND "stuff like that", as in "There were like 20,000 search results for Edgar Allan Poe and I didn't want to sort through them all and stuff like that." I betcha he didn't get a very good grade. Of course I could be wrong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow... that's one like TOTALLY COOL speech! :D