Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Red Thread Reminder

A very nice family that have adopted from China and are raising funds to adopt again are selling these silicone bracelets that have "Red Thread" and the Chinese symbol for family on them. If you read my blog way back in the beginning you will remember that I talked about a saying that is prominent in the Chinese adoption world - "There is an invisible red thread that connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break."

I ordered these bracelets a couple of months ago and have been wearing mine ever since. Mom, Dad and Brandee are wearing them too (if anyone else wants one, let me know). I know I will wear mine until I am with my baby girl. By then it may be fused to my skin but, hey, that might make an all new fashion statement. I have gotten questions from people who see my bracelet and am proud to tell them why I wear it - because I am so fortunate to be waiting to adopt a child from China. I think of my baby girl every minute of every hour of every day, every week, month, and on...I know I don't need a bracelet to remind me that she is out there but it is at least a tangible sign that I am a mommy-in-waiting.

No comments: