I have counted my "points" in varying degrees of strictness now for 4 1/2 years.
I have run 4 10Ks and countless 5Ks (now taking a running sabbatical until it warms up).
Brandee is a supervisor at her job (you go girl!).
Brandee has a much more controlled coif (thanks to Andy).
I no longer pull my hair back every day...instead I put up with it flying in my mouth all the time.
I have been through 4 hard years of fertility treatment and came out with nothing to show for it except a broken heart (I know this is a bad one).
I have had 2 new cars and still keep my very first ever new car (97 Honda Civic). It still runs great and brings back lots of memories of the newly independent Nicole.
I have been to at least 5 countries.
Brandee now lives less than 20 miles from me.
I have run 4 10Ks and countless 5Ks (now taking a running sabbatical until it warms up).
Brandee is a supervisor at her job (you go girl!).
Brandee has a much more controlled coif (thanks to Andy).
I no longer pull my hair back every day...instead I put up with it flying in my mouth all the time.
I have been through 4 hard years of fertility treatment and came out with nothing to show for it except a broken heart (I know this is a bad one).
I have had 2 new cars and still keep my very first ever new car (97 Honda Civic). It still runs great and brings back lots of memories of the newly independent Nicole.
I have been to at least 5 countries.
Brandee now lives less than 20 miles from me.

I have cried all kinds of tears and then recovered.
I have achieved things that I only dreamed about.
I have failed and taken ownership of it.
I have fallen deeper in love.
I have lost hope and then found it again.
It is definitely a bad picture but it is a reminder of everything that has happened from that point to this one...the good (lots of fun vacations and travel), the bad (the icky fertility treatment) and the ugly (bad hair days). I wonder what the next 5 years has in store for us...
No comments:
Post a Comment