
Before I begin my commentary, I will give those who haven't yet seen the 2nd episode of Amazing Race: All Stars the opportunity to stop now before I ruin it for you. (That means you Mom and Dad!)
Now I weigh in for the week's episode:
MY FAVORITE TEAM: Joyce and Uchenna
This couple won the Amazing Race during their original season. Part of me likes them because I know they have dealt with infertility but I really like that Joyce wanted to win enough last time that she shaved her head for the "Fast Forward" - you know you don't mess with a woman's hair. They are all around good people. They have a great dynamic between them and I think, at least right now, that they deserve to win again. This week Joyce did the "Detour" and had a really hard time solving the puzzle...poor thing just didn't want to cheat off of anyone else but as soon as she figured it out, she told one of the other teams that was in last place at the time. She took a big chance by doing that but, in the end, some times the good guys win and they survived this week.

MY LEAST FAVORITE TEAM:
Rob and Amber
I have seen way too much of these two. I watched the season of Survivor where they made their reality TV debut and didn't like them then. I was annoyed when they made it on to their first season of Amazing Race. I was livid when I saw them back for the All Stars season. I think these two have more than overstayed their welcome on my television set. As if I weren't annoyed enough, they had to go and come in first place last week AND this week. That means two great prizes - an awesome vacation and a dirt bike of some sort. Argghh. I know it's not nice to wish bad for people but I wish they would just let someone else have the spotlight for once. Remember the "Yield" privilege from the last couple of seasons of Amazing Race? I hope Rob and Amber get double or tripled Yielded - by Mirna and Charla (the cousins) or David and Mary (Kentuckians). Anyway - you get the point - I don't care for this couple and hope that they don't make it to the end. And hopefully the producers from all other reality shows will listen to the public when they say that Rob and Amber's 15 minutes are way up!
No comments:
Post a Comment