Wednesday, September 02, 2009

My Geared Up Runner's Arm

Jeff and I have been trying to get ourselves back in to running. In fact, I have had a couple days where I have been able to get in a slow 4 miles. Last week I did a total of 13 miles and I'm hoping to at least meet that this week. We have the Race for the Cure coming up again on October 10th and Jeff has big plans for us to do the Vulcan Run (10K-6.2 miles) in November so we better stick to the training.

Every time I run, I put on the bike pants, dry fit top and then I spend about 5 minutes gearing up my arm. As you can see above, I gain about 5 lbs in electronics before I take my first step. Oddly enough, all of these electronics I've gotten from my parents who bless me with gadgets which I LOVE. First is my GoWearFit which measures the intensity of my workout, the calories that I burn and even records my sleep time and efficiency. Then, of course, I have my Ipod...who can really exercise without the Black Eyed Peas and Linkin Park?!? Finally I have the piece of equipment that I have stolen from Dad...the Garmin Forerunner which measures my time and distance according to GPS tracking and can give me some neat statistical analysis of my run and help me track my mileage per week, month, speed, etc.

I sometimes feel like a dork taking to the trail all geared up...especially when I see the man who comes wearing just shorts, even leaving the shoes at home. But we all have our own style, right? And mine is fully geared.

No comments: