Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Have Time, Will Craft

Since I am currently without a job, I am trying to be as productive as possible so I have taken to crafting...which also helps get the baby's room ready since I have great hopes that we are within a year of parenthood. So this weekend, as we celebrated Labor Day, the beginning of college football season and the next to last Nascar race before the "Chase for the Championship", some neat projects were completed by the Masseys.

First, I took these mirrors that I got from Ikea for around $2...

Taped up the mirror parts, primed and painted the edges white and...

Used spray adhesive to affix some super pretty scrapbook paper to the fronts, cut off the extra with a craft exacto knife and decoupaged over it to seal it. Here is the final product...

There is this old piece of furniture that has been hanging out in the baby's room that I have been planning to do something with and we finally took a trip to Lowe's and made it happen...

So I sanded, put on 2 coats of primer, 3 coats of enamel paint and put on the pretty little pulls that I got from Ikea.

And here it is... I am planning to make a fabric covered pad to turn the top into a pseudo-changing table if our Lily is young enough to use it for a while.
So now I am trying to brainstorm some more crafty ideas to keep myself busy so I don't lose my mind with my current "wanting to work but jobless" state.




No comments: