Saturday, September 19, 2009

My thoughts on sports


We have entered the time of the year where it is football on Saturdays and Nascar on Sundays in this house. While Jeff looks forward to this time of year with heated anticipation, I honestly admit that in a way I absolutely dread it. Yes, I'm a party pooper. No, I don't let the countless hours of touchdowns, pit stops and half-time reports go un-complained-about. Maybe, I feel a little guilty about that.


Anyway...I have tons of female friends who absolutely adore sports (especially college football) and I have, numerous times in fact, told Jeff that I think he should have married them cause life just ain't so peachy with a sports-lover and sports-hater living in the same house. When I make this statement he responds with his little fake giggle in my direction and then turns his face back toward the TV to watch the next field goal attempt.


While I do despise these hours of sports watching, maybe I am just a little jealous that I don't have something so enthralling to bring me this type of joy. There is nothing like yelling at the quarterback on the TV as if he can really hear you tell him that he's stupid for dropping that ball or timing Kasey K@hne pit stop on your own watch to see how it compares to Mark M@rtin.
It's simple...it brings Jeff joy...therefore I must do a little less complaining, a little more grocery shopping and crafting and maybe a little more applying for weekend shift jobs ;).

No comments: