Monday, September 21, 2009

Upsplurge

No...it's not another word for bulimia...it's Dad's name for the new water ride at Alabama Adventure. We braved the horrible forecast one more time and it worked...the park was open and we enjoyed a couple hours of water park fun. This ride, the Upsurge, has a serious steep dip in it and I chickened out the first time I started climbing the stairs. After some serious razzing and watching the men do it twice, I went on the double tube with Jeff. It was fun although I think my stomach was protruding from my nostrils for a few minutes.



As you can see, the men were especially proud of conquering the UpSurge. I think they were just trying to make me feel like more of a wimp.



And I did finally give in and go...and then I strategically placed the tube to cover my body for the celebratory photo.




As you can see, the ride has a pretty wicked part where it shoots you up in the air and then slides you back into the pool at the end. Dad looks a little like it he is about to flip over here. That would be brutal.


And, in the spirit of full disclosure, here are Jeff and I about to teeter off the top of the UpSurge...and you can tell that I sat in the back because my bright white legs just blinded you when you looked at the picture.


It was a fun day, concluded with a nice meal at The Bright Star with some a-maz-ing lemon icebox pie.







No comments: