Friday, September 11, 2009
See what trying to be healthy gets you...
I had been doing so well on my health kick...last week I boosted my running mileage to 5 miles. This was a great accomplishment because it's at this distance that I really feel like I am making strides...it's a great workout and does SOOO much for the stress level. So I did my first 5 mile run in eons and noticed some pain in my right foot...it wasn't debilitating so 2 days later I did a 4 mile run with Jeff. Needless to say, it got worse and I went to the sports medicine doctor yesterday fearing a stress fracture. It's not a stress fracture but it's a nasty case of tendonitis (according to the dr at least) that I am supposed to ice, elevate, massage and rub this strange anti-inflammatory cream on 4 times a day. I'm also supposed to stay on constant doses of Advil or Aleve. Not a real big deal but my poor tootsie isn't feeling so hot after being poked and prodded and bent in all directions. By the way, this is caused not only by the running but also by the fact that I have absolutely FLAT FEET. Thanks for that one Dad.
So being healthy causes tendonitis...why bother then, right?!? Especially when Yogurt Mountain opened yesterday...
Yum yum. Two days open and I've been twice...if I don't stop then I will have to run a million trillion miles. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment