Friday, January 02, 2009

I'm Shredding


I am really trying hard to get myself into a "healthy" frame of mind and searched message boards to find some good at home workouts so I can complement my gym days and Wii Fit addiction. This one was definitely at the top of many people's lists so I ordered it and did Day 1 yesterday. It royally kicked my butt.
It is just a 20 minute a day workout and you would think, "No biggie, I can do that without breaking a sweat." NO WAY! Jeff and I went to the gym and I did 60 minutes of cardio in the morning and did this yesterday afternoon. There are 3 levels which get more intense as you progress but each is a series of 3 circuits which combine strength training, cardio and abs. I am obviously on level 1 and am going to stay there for 10 days before progressing. I do have some weight to lose but don't consider myself a couch potato or new to exercise so I am really surprised by the toughness of this workout.
I did my Day 2 this morning and still worked up a major sweat. Push ups are part of the strength training and I have to do the girly kind cause I am a wimp. I also had to switch from using my 8lb hand weights (the smallest ones I have) to using 1 liter water bottles cause I nearly collapsed yesterday.
I am counting on Jillian to get me motivated. Will keep you posted. :)

No comments: