Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dream

You know how dreams sometimes only stick with you for the moments after you first wake up? I JUST had a flashback of one of mine from last night and I feel like I have to document it before it leaves me. I dreamed that I was in a room full of people with their kids (I don't know if it was a birthday party, gymboree, something like that) and I had my baby girl sitting on my lap. I could feel her hair on my face and remember looking at the back of her head, with my arms wrapped around her waist and thinking, "This is my daughter...my daughter...". She had bows in her hair and I remember kissing the top of her head. She had raven silky hair. It was so real.

Even after being awake for a little while, I still remember the feeling I had holding my little girl in my dream. That empty part of me that always aches for her was full. While it is just a dream now, I know some day I will feel that again and it won't go away when I'm awake. I'd like to think maybe someone gave me that dream to keep me hopeful.

No comments: