Thursday, January 08, 2009

What I Can Teach Myself on YouTube

I have been wanting to learn to knit for a while. I have even bought those books that claim to teach it to dummies...you know which ones I'm talking about. I guess I must be dumber than a dummy cause I can't make out the stinkin pictures for anything. So I had this GENIUS idea to search for videos on YouTube and, guess what?!?, there are a ton of them! During this break from school I did a lot, including learn to knit (just the basics) and crochet.

See here my first cast on on top of my laptop as I was watching the video on double cast on.

And my very first granny square that I crocheted this weekend. I think I like crocheting better than knitting.

And here is Elmo wearing a little scarf that I knitted with the basic garter stitich. I made it with boucle yarn so it would cover up some of my oopses.
I am proud of myself...and looking forward to making some baby stuffs for my little one. At least I can do something for her/him while this wait drags on. :)


No comments: