Friday, September 12, 2008

How Ike is impacting Alabama


Hurricane Ike is about to pound the Texas coast (and I am praying that it doesn't cause as much destruction as the weather folks are anticipating) but today it pounded Alabama. I was driving back from a run 'sans' wallet when I got a message from Jeff saying to rush to the gas station 'cause the folks were lining up and the prices were going through the roof. Sure enough, when I drove past the gas station that had gas for 3.59 yesterday, it was already 4.19 and there was a line out of the parking area and into the road. So I rushed home, took a quick shower and headed back out to cruise for gas. I went to 3 places checking out lines and prices before settling on a semi-long line for 3.87. Some man in a PT Cruiser nearly ran over me trying to get to my pump but I made it out alive. It is nuts that gas prices have gone up this fast even before a gas shortage has happened. Just plain stinkin' nuts.

No comments: