Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Baby girl...or baby boy??


I have been so sure that our little one from China would be a girl. At the time that we began the adoption process there were very, very rarely any boys referred to waiting parents. Most boys that were adopted from China were from the special needs list (which is a special adoption process for both boys and girls who have minor and major special needs including cleft lip/palate, heart defects and other health problems or those who have just aged out of the regular non-special needs adoption process).
Well...there have been lots more boys in the referral batches lately and one has hit home. A couple in our very own, very small adoption agency who has been waiting for their little girl just received a referral for a little boy. I'm sure you can imagine just how shocked they must be. It's like having an ultrasound where the doctor is sure it is a girl and then finding out in the delivery room that they were wrong all along ... it does happen but it's rare.
So I am a little less certain of our little one being a girl (although I still believe in my heart that she will be) but I am sooo open to either. As long as our child is healthy and safe, I will be a happy mommy. But I better not buy any more little pink things that can't be donated to an orphanage just in case, right?

No comments: