Today I had my surgery clinical and it was awesome. I got to see people's insides...neato mosquito. I even got to see a Lap Band surgery (see pictures at left for a pictorial depiction). Every time I have a different set of clinicals, I change what area I want to have as my focus. I think I could see myself as an OR nurse. I am not grossed out by blood and guts and I think it is so mystifying how the surgeons can just throw people's organs all over the place and the person is "durable" enough to keep going. **Disclaimer: The surgeon today was great and did not throw any organs around.Now I just have my Pediatrics clinicals to wrap up the semester as for as clinical experience goes. I really love the clinical setting...just hate all the paperwork that goes with it. Who likes paperwork anyway? Bring on the inerds.
No comments:
Post a Comment