Jeff and I played like we are athletic and ran a 10K on Thanksgiving day. This was a lame attempt to rid us of the guilt of 1000s of calories to be consumed later in the day. I ran this race last year (of course I was a lot more fit then) but this was Jeff's first turkey day race. I am very proud of us because we finished and we didn't even crawl across the finish line. These pictures were taken by Jason who was waiting for us at the end (along with Dad). In no particular order...

Me at the end about to die
Jeff and I relaxing and reflecting on how heinous the hills on the course were.
Jeff and I before the race

Jeff about to cross the finish line (I'm so proud of him!!)

Man - what was I thinking with this mess?
Hee hee - I am so glad we did this race but I think I need to train some more before the next 10K. We are thinking about the Mercedes Half-Marathon in February but that is TWICE the distance of this race...I guess only time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment